From: Krzysztof Benedyczak <golbi@ic...> - 2012-07-12 16:41:52
XUUDB 2.0 developer-preview is ready. It is a quite interesting release
not only because it brings significant improvements for XUUDB itself,
but also it is a first complete service which features most of the
changes which will make UNICORE 6.6 and 7 foundation. That is:
- it is based on the EMI common authN library: new truststores support
and much more
- it is based on secLib 3.0: new way of handling configuration, common
Jetty 8 support and more
- its documentation is based on new version of docman: a lot of common
pieces of documentation is imported from other modules (e.g. how to
configure a truststore) and properties documentation is fully generated
from the source code on the fly (thus is 100% complete and accurate).
XUUDB 2 highlights are:
- fully rewritten DB access layer using MyBatis: it's easy now to add
support for other RDBMSes then H2 & MySQL support is available out of
- a new, *dynamic* way of configuring mappings was added, including a
support for *pool accounts*. It is possible to define rules that will
automatically add uids, gids or supplementary gids to users fulfilling
admin-defined criteria. This feature can be used only with previously
authorised users and will be enabled from UNICORE 6.6 release. But you
can already now test it using:
- a refreshed admin-client with full support for dynamic mappings and
many other small improvements.
Documentation was deployed here:
32 pages, was 10.
svn co https://unicore.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unicore/xuudb/trunk .
-> distro will land in target
So feedback regarding all the mentioned features will be highly
appreciated. In the most cases (canl, documentation, configuration,
error messages) improvements will affect just everything in UNICORE as
from 6.6 much more of code and documentation will be properly reused for