the alpha6 release of UNICORE 6.0 is available.
Highlights of this release are :
- new web-service enabled authorisation component "XUUDB"
- many new features and bugfixes in the UNICORE/X server
- security: policy-based access control on the WS(RF) level
- GPE 1.4 application and expert clients
- OGSA ByteIO data transfer
- improved support for classic UNICORE TSIs
UNICORE 6 alpha6 comes as a quickstart package including an installer
script for the server side, and an installer for Intel's GPE 1.4 clients.
Detailed installation instructions can be found in the README file
included in the distribution.
Upgrading from alpha5: due to many new options and modified default
settings, we do not recommend upgrading an existing installation, but
installing this release from scratch.
Many thanks to those who helped build and test this release!
Dr. Bernd Schuller
Central Institute for Applied Mathematics
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
phone +49 2461 61 8736
fax +49 2461 61 6656