Menu

Help changing user login

Manny
2014-07-05
2014-08-22
  • Manny

Manny - 2014-07-05

Hello,
    In my store I have multiple employees using the same system, I'd like to be able to track which user worked each sale.

1. How can I return to user login screen after each sale is completed? I assume I would be adding to the script when closing a sale.

2. Is there a way to have an automatic password entering prompt at the login screen without choosing a user?

3. Can I make the prompt strictly numerical?

4. Can I hide the users available, and have the system log in to the correct user depending on the password entered?

Thanks for any help available

• Ron Isaacson

Ron Isaacson - 2014-07-06

Hi Manny,

If you go into the system configuration, under the System Options tab, there's an option called "Auto LogOff after Sale" which is what you want for #1.

For the others, I think the way you'd typically handle this is with a card for each user. In the user setup, you'll see that each user has a card number starting with c (if it's blank, click the magic wand to generate a number). Print this as a barcode on a user id card, then the user can scan in without entering a userid or password.

• Manny

Manny - 2014-07-12

Perfect,
    Thank you

• krulleke

krulleke - 2014-08-22

Manny,

For number 2 it is possible. You must ude the card option. And print the number as a barcode
    Number 3 yes it is possible.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/unicentaopos/discussion/1126900/thread/7aee5e4f/#a787
    Number 4 is possible if you have done number 2, but i have not tested it yet.

Pepsi