Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

E169 with Lenny on eeePC1000 / Feature Reques

2009-02-01
2013-04-15
  • Hej all,

first let me thanl all of you who are doing a job on umtsmon, I am luckily looking forward to have it working!

Since some days I own a Huawei E196 Stick from BASE and tried some configuration following http://www.debianhelp.org/node/14439 and http://fluxflux.net/fluxflux-eee/umts.html. Finally, I found that it seems with umtsmon there is no modeswitching neccessary, but still, the ppp behaves incooperative. I switched to verbose mode and got the following lines. I think, those are the important ones:

##P1 t=559: ERROR: APN contains illegal character
    ##P2 t=559: PPPConnection::startPPP - chatting failed ?!?
    ##P3 t=559: TempSerialPort::~TempSerialPort()
    ##P3 t=559: SerialPort::closeDev() for FD 7
    ##P5 t=559: 0xbfa5eeb4 = Query::setSerial(0x911e788)
    ##P1 t=559: start PPP NOT successful :-(

I dont't know for sure what APN means. I foung it could be the string in Init3 which is currently AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","BASE" in my wvdial.conf.
    With that, I hope to find sone help in here!

Also, umtsmon doesn't run with user privileges.

Finally. I want to bring in a nice-to have feature:
    My account is volume-limited, so I need to control the transferred MBytes. As far as I can sea, umtsmon collects the time, but not the volume. The E169 seems to have kind of this feature:

##P5 t=562: MonthlyTraffic::update(0, 0)

It might be possible to use this.

Thanks a lot,

BruderB

• Klaas van Gend
      Klaas van Gend
      2009-03-11

Hello BruderB,

According to your info above, your APN is called BASE.
      Volume-based accounting is available in umtsmon, but the current CVS version makes that a little bit more explicit in the UI - so you will understand it better.

I hope to release a first beta version of umtsmon 0.10 this weekend.