Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

UltraDefrag searches for input devices twice in a row

SerW
2013-07-28
2013-07-30
  • SerW
    SerW
    2013-07-28

http://i.imgur.com/XAuqRe7.png
    Is it a bug or a feature? Can I disable it?

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2013-07-28

This is by design and you can't disable it, since it is the only way to support USB keyboards that do not properly register with Windows.

You can shorten the delay by hitting any keyboard key after the first detection.
    If you own one of the keyboards that do not properly register, you would need the second detection anyways.

Any other way of detecting keyboards is just not reliable enough and we have tried many.

Usually no one waits for the boot time process to start and it is not recommended to defrag on every boot either.

Stefan

• SerW
    SerW
    2013-07-28

Stefan, thanks for your reply. Now it is clear.

Could you please add some gui-based customizations for scheduling boot-time defragmentation process?

For example:
    1) to defragment all times PC starts during current date;
    2) to defragment on every N boot of PC.

Sorry for my bad English.

P.S. One more request:
    I always place pagefile to drive D. Could you add to UD's functionality an ability of finding pagefile, wherever it is placed and defragmenting it?

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2013-07-29

We had a scheduler, but retired it due to Windows already including one that can be easily used with the console interface of UltraDefrag.

1. create a scheduled task that runs udefrag.exe
    2. create a scheduled task that runs boot-on.cmd

Please add you other feature request to the Feature Requests tracker, so it won't get lost on the discussion board.

Stefan

• SerW
    SerW
    2013-07-29

There is no file named "boot-on.cmd" in my installation dir :-/

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2013-07-29

It is not in the installation folder, it is in the system folder, so you don't need to use a fully qualified path and we don't have to change the PATH environment variable.

Stefan

• SerW
    SerW
    2013-07-30

Now it is clear. Than you for your support, Stefan!