Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

amd64 configure problems

Help
2005-02-25
2013-04-23
  • Hello. I downloaded 0531, and it will not compile on my system due to configure breaking in the first step:

$ ./configure && make
    checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
    configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu failed

I have an Athlon 64 running Gentoo. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• CJP
      CJP
      2005-03-09

The error is made by some automatically generated part of the configure script. Do you have the same problem when compiling other software packages? If you don't, please point me to a software package that does work.

Maybe you can solve this problem by re-creating the configure script. You should install autoconf, and run autoconf in the same directory where configure is.

If that works, please give me some feedback. Maybe I need to upgrade my autoconf version.

• Greetings ...

I copied the config.stub and added autogen.sh from pingus-0.6, which got me to complete ./configure and run make until I got another error.

I hope this helps somebody.

Mailed
      Lee