Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap,

Help
2005-05-26
2013-04-23
  • Hello,

I'm testing Ultimate Stunts 0.5.5, and I get the following runtime error message. (I also get the same error Message with earlier versions)

I've never been able to run the game on Windows XP SP2.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Andreas Rsdal

Microsoft Windows XP [Versjon 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation

C:\Spill\Ultimate Stunts055>ultimatestunts.bat

C:\Spill\Ultimate Stunts055>SET PATH=PATH:.

C:\Spill\Ultimate Stunts055>.\bin\ultimatestunts.exe
    AllocationBase 0x61550000, BaseAddress 0x61550000, RegionSize 0x1000, State 0x10
    C:\Spill\Ultimate Stunts055\bin\ultimatestunts.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space f
    or cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

C:\Spill\Ultimate Stunts055>

• I'm no expert at it, but how much RAM do you have?

• Hello,

I have 512 MB of RAM, and no other applications are running.

Andreas R.

• I've got no idea than, sorry. I have 512 MB too, and Win XP SP1. Let's wait for CJP... ;-)

• CJP
      CJP
      2005-06-14

Sorry, I have no idea what causes this problem, and I have never seen it before. I also have WinXP (the first version I think, without service packs), and I also have 512MB RAM.

My intuition tells me that the problem is not a bug of Ultimate Stunts, but a bug of Cygwin. I googled for "cygwin heap", and I found similar bug reports. They suggest that the problem is solved with later Cygwin versions.

I'll try to compile the next Ultimate Stunts version with a recent Cygwin version, so your problem might be solved with the next version.