Version 1.5.6 of Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is released.
This new release fixes several bugs, adds automatic Hor+ style FOV
scaling, and adds Opus music decoding support amongst other things.
All users are encouraged to upgrade.
Uploaded the full sources, as well as win32, win64, dos, linux-x86,
linux-x86_64 and Mac OS X binary packages.
Packages for Amiga variants (AROS, MorphOS) and others should follow
shortly. We'd also like to have linux-ppc rpms or tarballs if anyone
can prepare them for us.
The changes since the previous release are as follows:
* Screen: implemented Hor+ style field of view (FOV) scaling, useful
for widescreen resolutions. configured by new cvar fov_adapt: set
it to 1 and your fov will be scaled automatically according to the
resolution. enabled by default. opengl and software renderers both
* Screen: viewsize greater than 120 now disables the hud (use the
screen size slider in the options menu.)
* Progs VM: Fixed a corner case thinko in version6 progs execution.
* Server: changelevel failures, e.g. in case of non-existent maps, are
now considered as error, so that the clients do not get stuck in the
connected state anymore.
* Server: accept maplist.txt only if it is from the same game directory
as progs.dat itself or from a searchpath with a higher priority.
* Timidity (Unix MIDI): Multiple fixes, including memory errors found
* Mac OS X: A new icon.
* Music: Support for Opus codec. (edit the makefiles to enable it when
* Software renderer: fixed color shifts from area contents or power-up
items usage staying persistent after a disconnect.
* OpenGL: worked around weird mods, e.g.: project peanut, where certain
models are sometimes drawn "white" because the mod's hcode initializes
those entities with non-existant skins.
* OpenGL: gamma fixes for several platforms.
* HexenWorld: opengl fixes for the shownames feature, other gl updates.
* Hexenworld, gamecode: hw and siege map cycling setup is done using the
localinfo variables just like in quakeworld, strings.txt abusing is no
more. See docs/README.hwsv for brief instructions.
* Verified correct compilation by upcoming gcc-4.8 and by clang-3.2.
* Fixed several other minor bugs, some found by valgrind. Incremented
engine versions for hexen2 to 1.28, hexenworld to 0.28, and gamecode
version to 1.28.