Menu

Game runs fast

Help
Mike
2014-07-21
2014-07-21
  • Mike

Mike - 2014-07-21

I have a intel i5 with nVidia GTX 650. Game runs so fast it is difficult to play. Movement of any sort sends you flying across the environment and movement is not as smooth as it could be. Is there a way to turn this down to a more normal level of gameplay? So far it looks great and I am looking forward to playing this game again.

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2014-07-21

Movement of any sort sends you flying across the environment

I've never run into this behavior. Which version of uhexen2 is this? (which package did you download and use?)

To eliminate the possibility of a bad installation, can you please test one of the demo packages suitable for your operating system from https://sourceforge.net/projects/uhexen2/files/Hexen2Demo-Aug.1997/ and see whether the behavior is still the same?

• Mike

Mike - 2014-07-21

Version 1.5.6. I was unable to run the 1997 version due to an error of being unable to load progs.dat

When I said "flying" I did not mean the action of flying, I meant that movement is so fast that you move great distances with what should be small movements. I think you understood but I just wanted to clarify my statement.

• Mike

Mike - 2014-07-21

I guess I had to install the demo on the C: for it to work right. It works fine. movement speed is smooth and the game is playable.

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2014-07-21

I guess I had to install the demo on the C: for it to work right.
    It works fine. movement speed is smooth and the game is playable.

Then I guess there is some installation problem with the full game,
    I can't reproduce the problem myself..

I usually install into c:\Users\myusername\ on vista or w7 or w8,
    or into c:\ and have no problems.

Tested installations on WinXP in c:\Documents and Settings\hexen2
    and no problems, either.

• Mike

Mike - 2014-07-21

I appreciate your time. I put the full *.pak files into the demo you had me install and I'm playing it that way. seems to work fine. Awesome work. I love these old titles.