UFRaw-0.14 was just released. 33 new cameras got supported thanks to dcraw
and we have 7 new translations. Some of the controls in the user interface were
shuffled, getting rid of the "Save As" pop-up dialog. Hopefully the
will streamline your workflow.
List of changes:
* Change license from 'GPLv2' to 'GPLv2 or later'.
* Move save-as dialog controls to main window.
* Add a 'remember output path' option.
* Grayscale conversion. Patch by Bruce Guenter.
* Experimental lensfun support. Patch by Andrew Zabolotny.
Enable with './configure --with-lensfun'.
Read http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/lensfun.html before using it.
* Experimental contrast adjustment. Patch by Bruce Guenter.
Enabled with './configure --enable-contrast'.
* Added --enable-dst-correction configuration option to use local time
(with DST) for file timestamps.
* Arbitrary rotation support for ufraw-batch. Patch by Martin Ling.
* Write EXIF data to TIFF files. Requires the soon to be released Exiv2-0.18.
* Load private resource file $HOME/.ufraw-gtkrc at startup.
* Replace the "use matrix" check box with a "Color matrix" profile.
Patch by Rafael Espindola.
* Remove misleading or irrelevant EXIF fields. Patch by Martin Ling.
* Added --rotate=no to ufraw-batch. This is useful for creating
contact sheets. Patch by Serge Droz.
* Improved auto-exposure/black/curve tools by using normalized raw histogram
instead of raw luminosity histogram.
* For JPEG output, 2x2 sampling for the luminance components was used by
default. Now for compression>90 we use 2x1 sampling and for
compression>92 we use 1x1 sampling.
* Use predictor value 2 when saving deflated TIFFs for much better compression.
* Expand white balance temperature to 15000K.
* New Swedish translation by Daniel Nylander.
* New Czech translation by Milan Knizek.
* New Italian translation by Daniele Medri.
* New Dutch translation by Simon Oosthoek.
* New Norwegian translation by Alvin Brattli.
* New Serbian translation (Cyrillic and Latin) by Milos Popovic.
* New Catalan translation by Paco Riviere.
New cameras supported in this version (thanks to dcraw 8.88):
* Apple QuickTake 200
* Canon PowerShot A460 (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot A530 (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot A650 (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot A720 IS (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot G7 (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot S5 IS (CHDK hack)
* Canon PowerShot SD300 (CHDK hack)
* Canon EOS 50D
* Canon EOS 450D / Digital Rebel XSi / Kiss Digital X2
* Canon EOS 1000D / Digital Rebel XS / Kiss Digital F
* Fuji FinePix S100FS
* Fuji FinePix S9100/S9600
* Fuji IS-1
* Kodak C603
* Nikon D60
* Nikon D90
* Nikon D700
* Nikon Coolpix P6000
* Nokia N95
* Olympus E-420
* Olympus E-520
* Olympus SP560UZ
* Panasonic DMC-FZ28
* Panasonic DMC-L10
* Panasonic DMC-LX3
* Pentax K20D
* Pentax K100D Super
* Pentax K200D
* Sony DSLR-A200
* Sony DSLR-A300
* Sony DSLR-A350
* Sony DSLR-A900