Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
UFRaw-0.13 was just released, supporting all the latest and greatest
digital cameras (thanks to dcraw). From the long list of changes the
one that stands out is the option to save images in PNG format. PNG
format supports 8 and 16 bit depth, embedding the original EXIF data
and attaching an ICC profile. To top it all it gives an efficient
List of changes:
* Simplified output path logic - output path defaults to the path of
the input path.
* Added 'System profile' option to read display ICC profile from the X
display. Based on code from Gimp.
* Do not read/write display ICC profile from/to ID files.
* Show camera white balance in EXIF page. Patch by Erik Burrows.
* Automatically fit histograms to allocated height.
* Read Canon lens from EXIF data. Patch by Andreas Steinel.
* Improved PPG interpolation. Patch by Alain Desbiolles.
* Remember maximized state of window between sessions.
* Add color smoothing option to all interpolation. Based on patch by
alexander melkozerov. AHD+smoothing is exactly the same as the now
* Added darkframe to GUI (patch by Bruce Guenter).
* Darkframe subtraction also handles hot pixels (patch by Bruce Guenter).
* Show spot values only if spot is selected and allow unselecting spot values.
* Add FITS output. Patch by Andreas Steinel. This option is disabled by default.
* Progressive JPEG encoding. Patch by Bruce Guenter.
* Blink over/under exposure in preview. Patch by Bruce Guenter.
* Enable --output option for stand-alone tool. It forces the output
filename to the value specified. It is useful for F-Spot. Patch by
* Reimplemented the EXIF page. Patch by Andrew Zabolotny.
* Display flash mode in EXIF page.
* Moved shrink/size controls from Save dialog to main window.
* Added delete button to stand-alone tool.
* Added 'send to Gimp' option to stand-alone tool.
* Made the save-as button an icon only, to save space.
* Added option to save as PNG 8 or 16 bits.
* Write EXIF data to PNG files. Based on code from DigiKam.
* Added aspect ratio control. Patch by Andrew Zabolotny.
* New Spanish translation by Enrique Jorreto Ledesma.
* New Polish translation by Tomasz Golinski.
* New Korean translation by Homin Lee.
New cameras supported in this version (thanks to dcraw 8.80):
* Canon PowerShot G9
* Canon EOS 40D
* Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
* Hasselblad H3D
* Nikon D3
* Nikon D300
* Nikon Coolpix S6 ("DIAG RAW" hack)
* Olympus E-3
* Panasonic DMC-FZ18
* Sony DSLR-A700