UFRaw-0.10 was just released. I think the most interesting change in
this version is in the way luminosity curve and saturation are
applied. UFRaw uses LittleCMS to apply these changes in LCH(ab) color
space. The difference in output from previous versions is very subtle,
but I think that it is noticeable improvement.
UFRaw now also has the infrastructure for translations. It is already
translated in to Russian and French with Danish coming soon. If you
want to contribute a translation in your own language, read:
Another new feature is the ability to generate thumbnails from the
preview image embedded in many raw formats. All users will benefit
from a much quicker generation of thumbnails in the Gimp plug-in.
Gnome users can also enjoy full thumbnail support on the desktop. See
the mime section in the README file for more information.
Other changes in this version include:
* Add the '--embedded-image' option to ufraw-batch for reading the
embedded preview image in raw files.
* Use the above code in the Gimp plug-in for a much quicker generation
of the preview thumbnails.
* Add mime types to recognize raw files in the Gnome desktop.
* Add schemas to generate thumbnails for these mime types.
* Modify the desktop entry to associate ufraw with these mime types.
* If 'save ID' is set to 'never again' then .ufrawrc is not written
after each processed image.
* Add a 'Cancel' button to the 'Options' window.
* Fix compatibility issues with GTK+ 2.10.
* When handling ID files save output image in same directory as ID file.
* If input and output filenames in the ID file have the same path,
then input filename is searched for in the path of the ID file. This
allows moving raw and ID files together between folders.
* Some bug corrections.
New cameras supported in this version (thanks to dcraw 8.41):
* Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi / Kiss Digital X
* Nikon D80
* Nikon E3200 ("DIAG RAW" hack)
* Olympus SP310
* Olympus SP320
* Panasonic DMC-FZ50
* Panasonic DMC-LX2
* Pentax *ist DL2
* Pentax *ist DS2
* Pentax K100D