ufraw-0.19 crashing on ubuntu-12.10

2013-02-28
2013-03-03
  • doctordruidphd
    doctordruidphd
    2013-02-28

Both the downloaded package, and the compiled from tarball versions crash when opening some files, but not others. It is consistent on which files it crashes, but I do not know what the difference between the ones that work and do not work is. This is for Panasonic DMC-G2, DMC-G5, and Olympus OM-D EM-5 raws. 0.18 worked fine. Here is the terminal output:

$ /usr/bin/ufraw

(ufraw:2044): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_error_trap_pop: assertion `gdk_error_traps != NULL' failed

(ufraw:2044): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_error_trap_pop: assertion `gdk_error_traps != NULL' failed

(ufraw:2044): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion `width > 0' failed

(ufraw:2044): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_fill: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(ufraw:2044): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(ufraw:2044): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(ufraw:2044): ERROR : preview_draw_area(): y:32570 out of range 0 <= y < -1
    Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

• It seems that a call to gdk_pixbuf_get_height() has failed. It has returned the value -1.

There is a discussion about what seems to be gdk-pixbuf problems on Ubuntu 12.10 at the ufraw-devel mailing list. To see if the problem is similar I would like you to try ufraw with the --lensfun=none switch and report back. A gdb backtrace of the crash could also be useful.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Please try the current cvs code base which has a work-around for a compiler bug in GCC 4.7.x (included in e.g. Ubuntu 12.10). Let us know about the results.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• doctordruidphd
    doctordruidphd
    2013-03-02

See next post.

Last edit: doctordruidphd 2013-03-02
  • doctordruidphd
    doctordruidphd
    2013-03-02

OK, I don't know what's wrong with the previous post, don't know how to fix it, sorry. I'll add the text as an attachment here.

Edit: Running with the --lensfun=none option seems to fix the crash problem.

Is there a reasonably short howto on downloading the cvs code for ufraw? If so. I'll be happy to try it.

Furthermore: If I run with --lensfun=none, the lensfun option is still there. If I use it on a raw that ufraw normally loads, it works, but if I try to use it on a raw that crashes, ufraw's preview window turns to garbage.

Last edit: doctordruidphd 2013-03-02
    Attachments
  • doctordruidphd
    doctordruidphd
    2013-03-02

Figured out how to do the CVS.
    The CVS version works correctly.
    Thanks.

• Thanks for testing. Another confirmation that the culprit is a compiler bug in GCC 4.7.x.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian