Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

UFRAW and Gimp 2.8

2012-04-19
2013-02-27
  • Hello, I am trying to get Ufraw to work on Windows 7 32 bit in association with Gimp 2.8 RC1, but keep getting the error when trying to open the image from Ufraw to Gimp - Error activating Gimp. Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument).
    I am not any sort of computer guru or programmer and was wondering if anyone could help with sorting out this error. I installed Gimp 2.8 and then installed Ufraw and have also copied across the missing DLL it errors with so UFRAW will open and I can edit RAW photos but just can not get it to then open Gimp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• wrobell
    wrobell
    2012-04-21

hi,

i believe you need ufraw from CVS, which is working nicely with gimp 2.8-rc1 on linux for me.

on windows, please see other thread on this forum confirming that CVS version works on m$ platform too.

regards,

w

• Anonymous
    2013-02-14

Try this solution …

1. When you install Gimp it installs to 'say, c:\program files\gimp 2' by default … accept this

2. When you install UFRaw you must force it to install to the same path as Gimp  (ie 1. (above) )
    - browse and install to 'c:\program files\gimp 2'  -- DON'T have folder Ufraw on the end of the path - remove it !
    (in this way Gimp and UFRaw will share the same \bin folder)

3. In the case of Windows 64 bit then it is slightly different
    - browse and install to 'c:\program files\gimp 2\32'  ---  DON'T have folder Ufraw on the end of the path - remove it !

regards