To compile Ufraw in Debian you need 2 files:

2006-05-31
2013-04-05
  • libgimp2.0-dev
    libgtk2.0-dev

That would be nice if you added this precision (it takes time in google and aptitude to find out these little details) in the compilation advices section of your site.
    Last but not least: thank you very much for your great work!

• http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html has this line for Debian GNU/Linux:

apt-get install gimp libgimp2.0-dev

libgtk-2.0-dev is installed as a dependency of libgimp2.0-dev. You should also do:

apt-get install liblcms-dev libtiff-dev \ libjpeg62-dev libexif-dev libexiv2-dev

Regards,
      Niels Kristian

• Udi Fuchs
      Udi Fuchs
      2006-06-05

This information is already in http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html

The command is:

apt-get install gimp libgimp2.0-dev

this automatically pulls libgtk2.0-dev with it.

Udi

• Sorry! I got lost in the middle of all those files!

• e268
    e268
    2013-04-05

I followed these instructions and the Readme file, and compiled UFraw on Debian Wheezy. It seems to have compiled with no errors. But when I execute using
    ./ufraw, it directed me to the file manager from where I found my raw files. These raw files are from Fuji X-E1 which has the xtran sensor. The version I just compiled is .19-2 which works for Fuji X-E1. But when I opened a file (RAF), it returned with an error that it cannot decode the file. I tried it on a Nikon NEF file and it works ok. Have I missed a step in compile or do I have activate dcraw?
    edit: my dcraw on wheezy is version 8.99. How do I get version 9.17 which can do the xtran, or is it included in ufraw already?

Last edit: e268 2013-04-05
  • Support for the Fuji X-Trans sensor is not stable Yet so it is not enabled by default. You can enable it during configuration this way: './configure --enable-x-trans'.

Beware that there are some interpolation artifacts ('zipper effect') in the images when developed.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian