Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Windows version?

2013-03-08
2013-03-31
  • Is there any hope that v0.19 will be released for Windows too?
    (Or that I get some help to do it?)

• A Windows installer for UFRaw 0.19.1 was released Yesterday. It has the stand-alone ufraw.exe and ufraw-batch.exe executables but the GIMP plug-in is not working (or need some work with the DLL search path).

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Wolf
    Wolf
    2013-03-12

It's also useless as stand alone, not only inoperable as plug in. The preview area takes only half the screen instead of 3/4, and the system colors are not used. The nasty light beige is unserviceable for imaging, because of distorting the color rendition (normally I use RGB 128/128/128 as background).
    And I wonder about the file size of the installer: 9.3 MB instead of ~2MB?
    I think, there is need for an ufraw 0.19.2-setup.exe...
    For now I'll use 0.18, which works fine (inside of GIMP 2.6.11 (I'll skip 2.8)), but logically the dcraw forming the base is outdated, not considering the recent Nikon cameras.

Best regards
    Wolf

• Wolf
    Wolf
    2013-03-13

Thank you for the information. I tried as you described and some other possibilities (f.i. copying the new ufraw.exe into the plug-in folder of GIMP), but nothing worked as plug-in irrespective of the wrong partition and colors. I think there is no change without the "classic" installer, not with XP pro/GIMP 2.6.11.
    Never mind, I remain with UFRaw 0.18.

Best regards
    Wolf

• You must use ufraw-gimp.exe (from the UFRaw\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins folder) as GIMP plugin, not ufraw.exe (which is the UFRaw standalone program).

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Wolf
      Wolf
      2013-03-13

I did exactly what you wrote: New problems with lensfun and crash.
      It simply doesn't work. I won't conduct any further experiments (That's to dangerous for me, I use my computer professionally!)
      Irrevocably back to 0.18!

Thank you and best regards
      Wolf

• Wolf
        Wolf
        2013-03-31

Today I tried UFRaw 0.19.2-2-setup.exe: Exactly the same story as above. It works neither as plug in nor correctly as stand alone.
        I think, concerning windows in combination with recent cameras UFRaw is dead like a door-nail. What a pity, but I won't try it again.
        For older cameras UFRaw 0.18 (Feb. 2011!) is still a very good choice and from my point of view highly recommended.

Best regards
        Wolf