Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

16/32-bit output UFraw-cvs

Partha
2013-06-20
2013-06-21
  • Partha
    Partha
    2013-06-20

Hi Nils,

Thanks for sending me the high-precision patch which I now see is incorporated into the cvs code. However, when I "Send to Gimp", I am still getting 8-bit output. I am not sure what the issue is. The code you provided looks fine to me and so I am mystified.

Hope you can help?

In case, any details are needed: Gimp 2.9.1 (or gimp git), Window 7 (64-bit and 32-bit)

Thanks,
    Partha
    www.partha.com

• Hi Partha.

8-bit output is default for UFRaw. Have you changed it in the color management tab?

We have had some problems with "Send to Gimp" in the latests versions, so I am happy to hear it works at all. I recommend the Gimp plugin though.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Partha
    Partha
    2013-06-21

Hi Niels,

Well, the patch that Nils (Nils Philippsen) sent me, was meant to update the ufraw-gimp plugin to output 16-bit image using GEGL. However, I am still getting 8-bit output.

I did send him an email awhile back about this. It must have gone into his spam folder or he is quite busy. Either way, ufraw is not sending 16-bit images to Gimp. :(

Thanks,
    Partha
    www.partha.com