Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

UFRAW 0.16 crashes with rotation

2010-03-17
2013-02-27
  • When I try to use rotation feature arrows or Ufraw with alignment lines, the program crashes very often and shows this error.

** ERROR **: preview_draw_area(): y+height:410 out of range y+height <= 409
    aborting…

I have tried to create a bug, but bug report is restricted to project members.

Best regards.

• Please tell us more such as:

1. What system are you running UFRaw on?
    2. Which camera model does the file come from?
    3. Describe the changes you do in UFRaw before the crash.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Hello Niels:

My system is Mandriva Linux 2010 and the package is the standard from this distribution. This package is the last version of program 0.16 without lensfun option.

My camera is a Canon EOS 50D

Before the crash I do:

1) Open a RAW file
    2) Select Cut and Rotate tab
    3) Select a grid for reference lines
    4) Hit arrows up and down for arbitrary and precise rotation

In some cases, system crashes and if you start it from a console, you can see this message:

** ERROR **: preview_draw_area(): y+height:410 out of range y+height <= 409
    aborting…

It seems that some value of preview area is out of range if you push arrows quickly or several times for rotate image.

Please, let me know if you need more information or if you need any test from my system.

Best regards.

• Could you check out the current development code from the cvs repository, build it and check if the problem is still present?

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Was impossible for me to compile downloaded  CVS code, but I have compiled last targz available and initially works fine without doing exhaustive tests. 

CVS code has no configure file and if I overwrite targz code with CVS code, I get an error related with ufraw_icons.c file and procedure stops.I have CVS code downloaded and all necessary libraries installed, therefore, if you give me more precise instructions, I can try to compile CVS code.

Best regards.

• Make sure you have the automake and autoconf packages installed. Then run ./autogen.sh in the ufraw directory downloaded from cvs to build the configure file.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian

• Hello Niels:

Now I have compiled CVS code and I think that now it's working fine. I Only get a warning at start:

(ufraw:20810): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Best regards.

• Thanks for testing. I don't think the warning is significant.

Regards,
    Niels Kristian