Menu

OS X 10.3.8

Help
2005-02-10
2013-04-11
  • Elisabeth M. Haithcock

I just updated my G3/400 to 10.3.8 ... and discovered that uControl's extension will no longer load. Given that I'm not the typical Mac user, insisting on using an antique IBM Model M keyboard without a Win/CMD key, I've been using it to remap CMD to the Caps Lock. Without it I'm once again without a CMD key. :(

So the question is this: is this an isolated problem that I simply need to pound on until it cooperates, or does 10.3.8 break something in the extension?

Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.

• osvenskan

osvenskan - 2005-02-10

I sure wish I'd read your mesage before I upgraded. I also have an ancient IBM keyboard (PN 1391401) and I was just having some success with uControl and remapping my keys via DefaultKeyBinding.dict. Now, like you, I'm dead in the water again. =(

Philip

• Elisabeth M. Haithcock

Well, I've been using uControl for a while, and (at least in the past) the updates have come pretty quickly. I just didn't know if the developer(s) had had it bomb for them.

As for my keyboard, the new little ones dance across my damned desk when I type... they don't like the 80+wpm that I hammer out. Besides, I've got fat fingers. :p

• jmiked

jmiked - 2005-02-22

I tried version 1.4.6 on my Mac mini (OSX 10.3.8) and the option/alt swap doesn't work at all. The Power Delete option works, though. I'm trying to use a MS Elite keyboard.

I'm assuming that when the words "option/alt" on both sides of the selection box are greyed out and the little circles are checked and the button in the middle says "Swap" and the configuration has been saved that things are set up correctly. The text in the settings name areas says "Swap option and option" which is a bit confusing.

• jmiked

jmiked - 2005-02-25

Never mind. I finally figured out waht I'm supposed to be doing. 1.4.6 works just fine with OSX 10.3.8.

Sorry.