Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Plugin Metadata

2008-09-29
2013-04-24
  • Michael Lee
    Michael Lee
    2008-09-29

I am trying to think of all the beneficial plugin meta-data. This is what I have come up with so far (Any suggestions?):

NAME - Name of the Plugin (Program name)
    DESC - Description of the Program
    CATEGORY - Some type of categorization system useful when looking at plugins in UBCD Creator.
    TYPE - "dosapp" or "image" or ... Determines how UBCD Creator will install the plugin.
    LICENSE - "oss" or "commercial" Determines distribution of the program
    GET_TYPE - "url" or "filesystem" Determines if the files should be gotten from the web or the local filesystem.
    GET_URL - Full URL of the program's location
    GET_EXT - "zip" or "bzip2" or "other" Determines if UBCD Creator should extract the file it downloads into the plugin's working directory.
    EXE - Name of EXE to run for dosapps
    FILE - the md5sum and name of each file that will be included in UBCD.

This information would let UBCD Creator request the location of the program's directory from the local filesystem or automatically obtain the file from the web based on the GETTYPE variable. The TYPE variable would indicate how UBCD Creator should finish processing the files after the plugin shell script was executed.

• NAME - Name of the Plugin (Program name)
      DESC - Description of the Program
      CATEGORY - Some type of categorization system useful when looking at plugins in UBCD Creator.

I shouldn't use the TYPE meta-data:
      TYPE - "dosapp" or "image" or ... Determines how UBCD Creator will install the plugin.

Instaed, add ISOLINUX meta-data (or SYSLINUX or another name):
      ISOLINUX - Add the isolinux entry that has to be added or created. Or at least the KERNEL and APPEND command.

Add CONFIGFILE:
      CONFIGFILE - specify the config file to which the program must be added

LICENSE - "oss" or "commercial" Determines distribution of the program
      GET_TYPE - "url" or "filesystem" Determines if the files should be gotten from the web or the local filesystem.
      GET_URL - Full URL of the program's location

I should rename GET_EXT to EXTRACT. e.g. The antivirus programs for inclusion in Parted Magic are compressed in a 7z file and the whole 7z file must be placed in the /pmagic/pmodules directory.

GET_EXT - "zip" or "bzip2" or "other" Determines if UBCD Creator should extract the file it downloads into the plugin's working directory.

EXTRACT - YES / NO ( 1 / 0 )

The EXE name isn't needed if you add the ISOLINUX metadata:
      EXE - Name of EXE to run for dosapps

FILE - the md5sum and name of each file that will be included in UBCD.