Menu

1+2 = 3 (OR) Reason this project is useless.

2001-09-20
2013-03-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

1) Ultima Online

2) Free Ultima Online Clone made with Ea's own
        software!

1 + 2 = 3

3)  Legal threats shut project down forever, and years of coding goes down the toilet. 

• Nobody/Anonymous

Wow, someone sure has a bug up their ass.

1) Ultima Online sucks.
      2) Ultima Online sucks.
      3) EA doesn't give a shit and actually encourage
      home-made games/programs about ultima, as long
      as money is not made off them.

Go take the pole out of your ass and have a chili
      dog.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Word, dude.

1)Ultima 7 rules.

2)Ultima Online sucks.

3)It's a good idea.

• Nobody/Anonymous

no doubt, if this were to be accomplished...I think this would sit near finding intelligent life on other planets...

• Roman DeNu

Roman DeNu - 2002-04-27

ever been to exult....I think they woulda been sued by now...

• Nobody/Anonymous

who gives a crap if you dont like U7... it is the best game ever made period. and I support each and every remake of it.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Someone here doesn't like ultima 7?  Then why the hell are you even on this page dumbass?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Good point.

Exult can't get sued. They aren't doing anything wrong! It states on it's page that it's an ENGINE, not the full game with Windows support. It uses the original files, and they are not distributing those. Therefore, Exult is perfectly legal and they can just laugh and laugh at EA because they couldn't do anything even if they wanted to.

• Nobody/Anonymous

1) Ultima online does Not suck, The new ownership of it by electronic arts is what has made it start to suck, hence why emulated freeshards are great.
      2) this is for Ultima 7, not Ultima online, you can emulate Ultima Online and make your own servers also and it is legal: http://www.runuo.com
      3) Ultimas 4, 6, 7, and 8, are free and legal to download, you can get them from http://abandonia.com And Electronic Arts cannot pursue ANY legal action of ANY kind, since Richard Garriot wrote that and the legalized emulation of Ultima online into an agreement before Quitting Electronic Arts Nazi Regime of his former company. Richard Garriot also encourages and has encouraged emulation, modification and homemade recreations of his games since he no longer has the rights to the Ultima franchise. (again EA's nazi regime)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Dude, I think this conversation is over, as well as the project.

• Nobody/Anonymous

ah your just a prick, prolly around the low teenage years, and have stumbled across a game you havnt played, BUT its 2d art makes you think it sucks....never judge a book by its cover? as for the idea to make ultima 7 online a relaity? i for one would love to see it happen, ive personally used this engine and have seen it online, do yourself a favor, go play ulitma 7, beat it fully. and came back and say it a bad game. K? thanks bye bye