Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Any special libraries or tools needed?

Developers
Felix
2005-10-07
2013-04-22
  • Felix
    Felix
    2005-10-07

Hello,

I downloaded the source code. Again. This time, despite my lack of time, I might just be able to hack a little bit here and there. The trouble is, I use a very bare-bones environment: JRE+Jikes+Emacs. Do I need anything else? Some third-party library, perhaps?

Thanks,
    Felix

• Mike Anderson
      Mike Anderson
      2005-10-13

JRE+Jikes+Emacs should be fine. However, I certainly haven't tried this combination recently as I tend to use Eclipse all the time nowadays.

You may also want to get ant as well for the build script, and JUnit for the test cases - not strictly needed, but both very useful.

• Felix
      Felix
      2005-10-13

Thanks again. It's good to hear from you. I'd like to implement a "town portal" feature, specifically. Any quirks to beware?

• Tom Demuyt
      Tom Demuyt
      2005-10-13

Hey Felix, I hope you are using cvs ?

T.

• Felix
      Felix
      2005-10-13

I'm not using CVS yet, I've taken the stock 0.334 sources. I tought I couldn't access the project's repository unless I'm listed as a developer?

• Andy Korth
        Andy Korth
        2005-10-18

Everyone is free to download code out of sourceforge cvs repositories. However, if you want to add your change, you need to be marked as a developer.

The cvs repository probably has more recent code than the last release, which is why you should use that.

• Felix
      Felix
      2005-10-18

I didn't know that, thanks. I'll get the files from CVS then.