How to buy something?

Help
2005-01-08
2013-04-22
  • Markus Stehr
    Markus Stehr
    2005-01-08

Hi!

How do i buy something from the shopkeepers?
    If i try to pick up something i just get the question if i want to steal the item.
    And it would be nice if the shopkeepers wouldnt have that floor market, but a menu driven buy and sell menu.
    Then you could detail out their shopping places ;)

So Long, The Werelion!

• TubbyTunes
      TubbyTunes
      2005-01-08

You were in a treasure room. That was a gaurd not a shopkeeper. If you (C)hat you can sell your items which differentiates between a gaurd and a shopkeeper.
      Rogue like games most often have a floor market - tradition and history.
      HTH

• Czuk
      Czuk
      2005-02-28

How exactly does why accomplish buying something though.  I go into a shop and determine the guy is a shopkeeper because I sell him something.  Then I go to pick up a piece of bread.  I purchase it for 15 copper, then guys start shouting at me angrily and bang, I'm dead.

What gives?
      Thanks, z

• I've actually hit exactly the same problem: version 0.329

• Czuk
        Czuk
        2005-03-05

I probably should have posted here.  I opened a bug report identifying exactly why it is happening and how it can most likely be fixed.  I cobbled together a fixed version, but it has other heap-related problems with reloading saved games after dying.  I don't know the real build setup for the game, so I stopped at that.

• Mike Anderson
      Mike Anderson
      2005-03-06

This is fixed in the latest CVS version - will be OK for 0.330

• Czuk
      Czuk
      2005-03-06

I closed out the bug.  For anyone interested it's <a href="http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1153947&group_id=16696&atid=116696">here</a>.