User feedback wanted

Tom Demuyt
2006-05-24
2013-04-22
  • Tom Demuyt
    Tom Demuyt
    2006-05-24

Hello guys,

I have not seen a lot of feedback on my offer to work on Tyrant.
    So far I
    - Added a jeweller that will identify rings & amulets for 2 gold
    - Allowed ControlS to save, Control L to load and Control X to quit
    -Allowed for closing doors to be intelligent
    -Fixed the non-recharging priest spells
    -Minor internal optimizations

So please, tell me what bugs you so we can find a solution.

T.

• Felix
      Felix
      2006-05-24

Last time I checked, the most wanted feature was implementing some kind of town portal system. I don't remember what bugs used to bug me...

• count__0
      count__0
      2006-05-24

is there a new JAR file somewhere that I can test? I think that most palyers don't run JDK to test. If you can point me to a new jar I would be glad to give the game an actual test.

Thanks for picking this project back up!

• Tom Demuyt
      Tom Demuyt
      2006-05-24

http://tsx.sourceforge.net/tyrant/

There is news, link to download, link to play ( fickle )

T.

• Fix the massive food requirements in the "common" areas.
      To move from one "down" area to another requires much more food per turn than exploring, the levels.
      Ben

• Tom Demuyt
      Tom Demuyt
      2006-05-25

Hello Ben,

I am sorry but do not understand your comment,
      with 'common' areas, do you mean the worldmap, the villages or something else ?

T.

• Sorry for the poor description. The worldmap requires much more food per turn than any other area (for me).
      The villages are ok. To go from the Tavern starting point
      to the far left (next screen) world map. I am hungry by the time I get to the next screen, even if I start "full".
      Ben

• Tom Demuyt
        Tom Demuyt
        2006-05-26

Okay,

thanks for clarifying that !

The worldmap is supposed to make you hungry, you are trekking through the world ;) It is fitting with the   'story telling' aspect that you go buy some food to eat during your trek.

( It's not a bug, it's a feature )

The only thing that I could do to help you is to have on the first map a minor quest for 'survival' or for you to play a Barbarian which has survival. This skill allows the player to gather food while traveling.

T.

• Tom Demuyt
      Tom Demuyt
      2006-05-26

Also,

this not documented, so I granted it as known : food consumption is _much_ higher in mountains, hills and forests, so stay as much as you can in  the plains to reduce food consumption.

T.

• Nice improvements.
      Just one thing: That "Peity" as it is implemented now seems to cause unlimited wishes granted. Well, please don't fix, I like it that way ;-)

Bye,
      cgdi

• Confirming this new version has no peity loss with wish grants; seems like it will be a very good system once the bugs are worked out.

Will different wishes take up differnt ammounts of peity, will your total piety level effect the strength of the wishes (more stat poitns on a stat point wish, etc?)

• I was actually thinking about the peity system and how it could best allow praying but not make it game breaking;  It seems that it's now impossible to pray for items (which is fine) leaving:

Praying for stats
      Praying for a map of the current area
      Praying for spells
      Praying for a full heal
      Praying for knoledge (new abilities/training in existing abilities)

Prayre is pretty potent off the bat due to being able to pray for non-class abilities at will, but praying for class abilities really only saves you a trip to the trainer; I propose the following peity costs;

Stats- 5x current stat value
      map of the current area- dungeon level
      spells- level required to learn spell
      full heal- 1/100 restored HP
      new abilities- 50 peity
      training in existing abilities- 10 peity (really only saves you a trip to the healer)

Obviously this is right off the top of my head and would be subject to change, but it's something.