I had had posted this message five months ago, but did not get any
response (or any other messages) from the list.
Since it is active again, please reply :-)
Begin forwarded message:
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:06:19 +0200
From: Doruk Fisek <dfisek@...>
Subject: [Tuxpaint-i18n] translation project problems?
While we were talking in the GNU Turkish Translation Team, we realized
that tuxpaint's translation information on the Translation Project page
I checked out the cvs, there are 131 strings to be translated, Tuxpaint
0.9.14 was released with 118 strings; where the translation project page
shows only 115 strings to translate. Also the tuxpaint-stamps.po is not
even submitted to the project.
To get the most out of the translation project, the submissions should
be updated constantly. I for myself, keep up with the string additions
through the translation project. I just got aware of that I have 15
more strings to translate for Turkish by this event :-)
Also adding tuxpaint-stamps to the GNU translation project would be
good, for the same reasons.
FISEK INSTITUTE -- http://www.fisek.org.tr
Tuxpaint-i18n mailing list
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@so...> - 2005-07-29 19:21:45
On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 03:11:33PM +0300, Doruk Fisek wrote:
> I had had posted this message five months ago, but did not get any
> response (or any other messages) from the list.
> While we were talking in the GNU Turkish Translation Team, we realized
> that tuxpaint's translation information on the Translation Project page
> was outdated.
Ugh, I've been trying to find my notes on how to properly update the
POs and POT over at the Translation Project. So far, no luck.
I need to read over their docs again. I'd feel silly asking them
a _second_ time, since they already answered me months and months ago. :)
(I think I'd need to name the version "0.9.15-pre" or "rc#" or some-such.)
I wonder if I'd be able to convince them to support CVS/SVN polling
on their site, so that translators will get the absolute latest
(from the Translation Project, without having to find the POs on our
(or other projects') website).
Then, when they submit changes, and we go to commit them into the
repository, the Translation Project will automagically get the latest
the next time the cron job runs...