Turck MMCache is not installed

Help
gp_ahc
2006-07-13
2013-06-04
  • gp_ahc
    gp_ahc
    2006-07-13

I have a Linux Core 4 build server with MySQL and PHP 5.1.2. I installed Turck MMCache 2.4.6 per the instructions in the INSTALL file, and all appeared to go well. When I run mmcache.php I get a page saying "Turck MMCache is not installed". I intend to install Media Wiki also, and if I open the install page for Media Wiki it states that MMCache is not installed. I am not very experienced with the open source world, and would appreciate any advise I can get.
    Thanks

• MMCache has not been developed in quite some time. I don't think it will work with php 5.x at all. You could try having a look at http://eaccelerator.net/ It is a fork of MMCache under semi-active development and offers some support for php 5.x

• gp_ahc
        gp_ahc
        2006-07-14

Verdon,

Thanks for the heads up about eAccelerator, and it appears that I successfully installed it.  Unfortunately the MediaWiki install will not recognize it as being installed, as was the case with MMCache.  The install page displays "Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object caching functions" in a section where it checks the system for compatibility prior to install. Have you any experience with that one?

• sorry, no I don't

eAccelerator has a mailing list though with a couple very savvy people on it. Try mailing to that list and I'm sure you'll get some help.

best luck :)