php-4.3.6 re-phpize fails..

Help
2004-12-02
2013-06-04
  • OK.. Not known for my Linux Administration I selected Fedora Core 2 for it's strong GUI as our 'on LAN' development server.

Every week I run 'YUM UPDATE' command. And somehow... I grabs a bunch of updates and installs them on my behalf. (One of these days I will work out how to do this without intervention - Cron?)

So what this gives me - is a Redhat Fedora Core 2 platform - which is up to date across the available utility and application set... and I am having problems as well. :(

Now again .. I don't have golden knowledge of what I am supposed to do - but I did manage to download the MMCache tarball and decompress it retaining full folder structure into "/usr/local/src/turk-mmcache-2.4.6" on my local system.

I opened up a console window and did a search to find where PHP is installed on this system.. "find / -name php*". A long list was outpuit and I confirmed numerous PHP install files ("php-config","phpextdist","phpize","php") are all resident within the "/usr/bin/" folder.

After confirming this - I *thought* I was now ready to use the command as written in the mmCahce install files 'Step 1. export PHP_PREFIX="/usr" [enter] - this bit worked ok' then the problem came:

I did the command '$PHP_PREFIX/bin/phpize' and got these errors:

-- pasted sample ---

[root@dynamic turck-mmcache-2.4.6]# $PHP_PREFIX/bin/phpize
    configure.in:9: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_WITH_PHP_CONFIG
      run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
      or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
    configure.in:32: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_EXT_BUILDDIR
    configure.in:33: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_EXT_DIR
    configure.in:34: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_EXT_SRCDIR
    configure.in:35: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_ALWAYS_SHARED
    acinclude.m4:19: warning: underquoted definition of PHP_PROG_RE2C
    /usr/share/aclocal/vorbis.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_VORBIS
    /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
    /usr/share/aclocal/ogg.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_OGG
    /usr/share/aclocal/libmikmod.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMIKMOD
    info '(automake)Extending aclocal'

-- end pasted sample ---

Okay.. Long story short... What do I do now?