How do I get MMCache working for me

2004-10-21
2013-06-04
  • sunilbhatia
    sunilbhatia
    2004-10-21

Hi All,

We are planning to deploy phpAdsNew 2.0 or Max 0.1.15 on our server to serve Ads. This server will  be a dedicated Ad Server. To get this installed we require to install MMCache for improving the performance of PHP scripts. We also wish to install MMCache to improve the performance of other sites as well that we have.

I have already downloaded the TAR ball of Linux. I wish to install the same and got confused on the PHPIZE program. Could anyone explain to me what PHPIZE is and where do I get it from. Also if anyone could help me with install instructions of MMCache.

Thanks
    Sunil Bhatia

• If you use a package to install php then phpize is normally in a package called php-dev or something like this. If you compiled it from scratch, you should already have it on your machine.
      Then you can follow the instructions on the page.

• sunilbhatia
        sunilbhatia
        2004-10-21

Hi butcherch,

Thanks for your reply. When I installed RHEL 3.0 I already had PHP Installedl. Where do I get a copy of PHP-DEV or the PHPIZE program itself.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks
        Sunil Bhatia

• Hi,
          normally you should have access to the packages of the system. (CD, nfs mount, ...)
          There also exist apt repositories for different systems

http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/repos.html

*afaik* the php-dev package should be corresponding to your installed php package. So if you can't install the package from your system, you may need to install also the php package of the other system.