0.8a4 (October 25, 2005)
* setuptools 0.6a6
* CherryPy 2.1 final
* MochiKit 1.0
* On some servers, TurboGears can take a minute to start answering
connections due to the way the OS handles incoming connections to
ports that have nothing listening on them.
0.8a3 (October 16, 2005)
* setup.py was not using setup_requires in a productive way. This has
been changed, so tg-admin quickstart will no longer need to
go to the internet to function.
* turbogears.database.set_db_uri was not properly putting the setting
in the global config section. By Robert Leftwich.
* some people have had trouble with the url function not being able to
find cherrypy.request.approot. This may be due to older classes that
do not extend controllers.Root. This was not listed as a
requirement for the URL function. The documentation for the
url function has been updated, and the code has been updated
to always set the approot to the top of the site at least.
0.8a2 (Oct 14, 2005)
* tg-admin quickstart was missing the appropriate egg-info for the sql
commands to work properly
0.8a1 (Oct 12, 2005)
* All of the "turbogears*" variables have been changed to "tg_*". These
are tg_template, tg_format, tg_flash and tg_js. (Note that
turbogearsfmt has become tg_format and turbogearshtml has become
* The StringBoolean validator (which has moved into FormEncode proper)
now returns strings for from_python. For example, from_python(True)
now returns 'true'. It used to return True.
* turbogears-admin.py is now called tg-admin and is automatically
generated by setuptools
* The tg-admin sql commands now require a properly setup .egg-info
directory to automatically find the model classes. If the egg info
is not properly set up, the command can fix it automatically.
* The view.render method's "html" parameter has been renamed "template"
to reflect that the templates might be for XML presentations. Most
people don't call view.render directly.
* There is a new PackageHub that is designed to allow different parts
of a site to use different databases. Use of the PackageHub works
just like the AutoConnectHub.
* Added a new function: turbogears.database.set_db_uri. This is a
more pleasant wrapper around the cherrypy config variables that
can be used in command line tools and the like.
* IPython is used in tg-admin shell, if it's available. By David Guaraglia.
* You can specify a default format via the new format parameter
to expose. For example, expose(format="json") will cause the
method to output JSON by default, even if HTML is available.
By Elvelind Grandin.
* You can specify the Content-Type via expose. Example:
* expose now has a "template" parameter that can be used in place
of "html". This is more pleasant for non-HTML applications.
* On Macs, if you're running in development mode the server will
be advertised via Bonjour. If you enable Bonjour bookmarks
(via the Bookmarks Preferences tab in Safari), you'll see your
development server show up automatically. By Bob Ippolito.
* There is now a url function that can be used to generate URLs
conveniently and, more importantly, with an appropriate view
of where the root of the web application is.
* validators can now be specified with a dict (the 0.5 way) or with a
FormEncode Schema, which provides more options. By Fabian Neumann.
* Quickstart now provides a basic static files skeleton. By
* Added config setting to determine Kid's output format (HTML/XHTML).
By Fabian Neumann.
* In quickstart, project-start.py now takes a config file on the
command line. By Elvelind Grandin.
* project-start.py is also made executable automatically. By
* Added turbogears.tests.util.call function to allow you to call a
controller method and get the dictionary back without processing
to HTML or JSON. This allows you to test controller logic independent
* setuptools updated to 0.6a5
* SQLObject updated to 0.7 final
* FormEncode updated to 0.2.3dev-r1108
* CherryPy updated to 2.1-rc2
* MochiKit updated to 0.9
* Kid updated to 0.7adev-r186
*Notable Improvements in the Projects*
Kid can now generate plain text output using the PlainSerializer.
* All of the sqlobject-admin commands now work through the use of
* If a template was specified in the returned dictionary from an
exposed method, but not in the parameters to expose itself,
that template was not applied. By Ronald Jaramillo.
* The content-type meta tag in the quickstart files is now automatically
stripped out, because Kid's HTML serializer puts one in.
* Improved comments in the quickstart config files.
* There is a temporary hack to handle threadsafety issues with sqlite.
This has been changed to *only* affect sqlite.
* JSON output should work for Opera now (Opera appeared to have a
* All files needed for a project to install and run from an egg should
be installed properly based on the quickstart setup script.
* The flash cookie was not always deleted. Setting the path on the
cookie corrected this. By Nick.
0.5.1 (Sep 17, 2005)
Relaxed version requirements and changed version numbering for
included ElementTree packages to ease installation troubles
0.5.0 (Sep 17, 2005)
* Initial public release.