Help on Removing all tasks

Help
DavidDo
2014-05-15
2014-05-20
  • DavidDo

DavidDo - 2014-05-15

Dear Admin,

I would like to remove all talks, including the 2 tables,"_task" and "_task_assignments"

Please give me the necessary steps and instructions to do so

Thank you

• tommo

tommo - 2014-05-15

I am guessing that you mean you want to simplify entry to just "hours to projects". Out of the box hours go against a specific client/project/task tuple. It's possible to simplify without removing tables. Just set your projects to have a default task, and use the access control lists to hide or display the appropriate pages.

I have done this in the past to hide clients so that just project and task are to be selected.

HTH

• DavidDo

DavidDo - 2014-05-19

Hi Tommo,

Thank you for your quick response. May I know if it is possible to change daily entry to weekly entry only, without changing the database?

Thanks!

• tommo

tommo - 2014-05-19

It's not perfect but you can do this, without changing anything in the database, using the ACL setting for each page. If you set the daily to access "none" then it disappears. Similarly, using the simple and weekly timesheets together are not recommended, so one or the other can be hidden with the ACL setting.

cheers

• DavidDo

DavidDo - 2014-05-20

Hi Tommo,

What I meant is for users to key in their total working hours only, not daily entry

May you send me the detailed UML Diagram and how the system actually works to my email:
    daviddo@ntu.edu.sg?

Thanks!