Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

New map/event versions and textures

Onsemeliot
2013-07-31
2013-10-08
  • landroni
    landroni
    2013-08-01

I checked out the sprites, and I love the dry bush that you did. It's excellent. And the new iteration of the traditional bush is much nicer than the older version, although I still need to try it out with Jasmine's patch (to get rid of the vertical artifacts). I will look next week into putting all to SVN.

Edge is pretty nice. For a comment, I would have put "Drive carefully". :) As for Jumpy, I was a bit underwhelmed. The first jump came only halfway through the track, and I could only count two serious jumps. I think there is scope for putting several more flying spots. What do you think?

With 24 tracks I think you're more prolific than all other track contributors during the past 10 years or so.

• Onsemeliot
    Onsemeliot
    2013-08-02

I just uploaded a new version of "jumpy". You shouldn't be disappointed any more. Now there is a lot of jumping. I didn't add more jumps in the first place because I feared it would become impossible to drive, but now I think concerning difficulty, there isn't a big difference.

I think I will stick with: "You don't want to go off-road." as comment on edge since "Drive carefully" I already used in my first race "Mountain" in "Alps' Trophy". I'm not fond of repeating myself... ;)

Yes, I noticed being probably the main contributor of races right now - at least if my races find the way into the official release sooner or later. I only hope my map-style isn't too repetitive. I don't want to bore anyone by having a lot of very similar races in the game.

• landroni
    landroni
    2013-08-02

Jumpy is much nicer this way. Thanks.

As for the map style, I think that you're doing a very nice job with the various elevation changes, and with trying to replicate naturally occurring terrain (Edge is an excellent example for this). One thing that I notice though is that your tracks come with many slow and hard to take corners, and relatively few high speed corners or straights. Although hard corners here and there are nice in a track, too many can be tiring. Sometimes it's nice to be able to stretch your muscles with your car, so to speak, and go full throttle. :) What do you think?

• Onsemeliot
      Onsemeliot
      2013-08-02

Sometimes it's nice to be able to stretch your muscles with your car, so to speak, and go full throttle. :) What do you think?

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for my next tracks.

Today my hard disc gave up. Therefore I needed to replace it. Now it will take some time before I have everything together again. (I made backups, but I replaced the system as well. This for me always means looking into what applications I was using regularly and installing only the things I need to not burden my old hardware with too much not necessary stuff.)

I need to build Trigger Rally fom Source again since debian is far from providing the most recent version.

The last time I built the game I did never manage to replace the old game icon with the new one - even if I replaced the image file. I guess I didn't find the relevant file and replaced an other instance of it.

• landroni
    landroni
    2013-08-03

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately Debian will likely only provide final releases, so when dealing with SVN you'll most likely need to build from source. Ubuntu has a nice daily building platform, but I'm not aware of anything similar for Debian.

• landroni
    landroni
    2013-08-03

If you have issues with SVN, make sure that you don't have a trailing 0.6.0 installation. Check the usual /usr/bin , /usr/local/bin , etc. Make sure that the symlinks are in place, if you use that. Then if you download latest SVN, build that and install or run in place (do follow the README though), then it should work.

• Onsemeliot
    Onsemeliot
    2013-08-03

It worked like it was ment to, but I wanted to use the new icon locally before it was added in the SVN...

• landroni
    landroni
    2013-08-03

Have you tried:
    liv@malou-laptop:~$ locate trigger | grep -i icon
    /usr/share/app-install/icons/trigger-rally.png
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/trigger-rally.xpm
    /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/trigger-rally.xpm

Maybe one of those icons is masking the one you want to use?

• Onsemeliot
    Onsemeliot
    2013-08-03

No, I just replaced the png-file. But now it is to late anyway since on my fresh system I did not even install Trigger Rally. After building it I just start it directly like described in the readme file. Therefore no trigger Icon gets installed at all.

• These contributions are amazing. I especially love the color scheme of edge.

I committed all of them - finally, sorry for the delay - with the exception of littleisland, see https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/discussion/527953/thread/c0141c6f/

Was I right in assuming that all events, maps, sky and vegetation textures are by you (Onsemeliot) and are GPL licensed?

• Onsemeliot
    Onsemeliot
    2013-10-08

Thank you very much. Yes, and I'm fine with this license.

Did you add the fix for the projection error on the sprites, Jasimne posted? Or was that done before by someone else?

Right now I'm working on an other event again.

• Jasmine did in r94, see https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/code/103/log/

Do you still have the issue? Perhaps you didn't copy 'trigger' from trigger-rally/ to trigger-rally/data/ ?

• Onsemeliot
        Onsemeliot
        2013-10-08

No, I did sucessfully what Jasmine recomended. I was just not sure if someone added the fix to the repository and dowbload version as well...