Menu

3 New maps

Onsemeliot
2015-04-07
2015-05-05
  • Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-04-07

Please enjoy those three new single races:

I as well made an update to my draft for a new menu. Now there are 58 single races and 11 events, totaling to 118 races.

Therefore we can claim in 2015 Trigger Rally races have seen more additions in a short period of time than ever before. There are eighteen new races (two events and seven single races) since the 0.6.1 version which has not even been released yet in Debian stable.

Last edit: Onsemeliot 2015-04-08
  • phil

phil - 2015-05-02

Onsemeliot, just to say thanks for your enjoyable and challenging maps.
    Regarding your draft menu, when is it likely this will be incorporated into the game, if ever?
    Also could there be an option to reverse a map to add more variety?

• landroni

landroni - 2015-05-02

"Also could there be an option to reverse a map to add more variety? "

For a long time I considered adding something like this, but the problem is:
    - it's not straightforward to do this automatically
    - many maps were designed with only ONE direction in mind

Which means that I'm now skeptical of adding such a feature. What we could do, though, is manually adding reverse tracks (or different configuration variations) for selected tracks. Feel free to come up with such modifications and propose them for inclusion.

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-05-02

Unfortunately I can't implement my menu draft since I did it with PHP and the game is written in C++. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Auto-reversing maps would at least need an additional rotation value. Right now only the starting point has a rotation definition in order to place the vehicle on the map facing in the proper direction. If the map gets reversed the last point would need such a value also.

If we can overcome this obstacle (maybe by just introdicing such a value for the last point) I would go for opt-out instead of opt-in since most maps work fine in both directions. Additional attention would only be necessary for maps where reversing was a problem.

If someone could program this we could even automate this decision by making only maps reversable which offer this second rotation value.

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-05-05

One problem I didn't think of before: In many maps I used the checkpoints for orientation purposes. Marking the right path on a fork works only in one direction. For the other direction the checkpoint would need to sit at an other spot to clarify which way to go.