Hi, I've been having some serious problems recently. I'm running Debian etch with a few packages from unstable. I compiled transkode and now it crashes if I have multiple files to transcode after the first one is finished. At first, I thought it was because my /tmp folder was small (it's a separate ext2 partition of 50 Mb), so I redirected transkode to use a separate folder that has more room.
My next thought was that I set it for too low a priority for cpu usage. When I set it to max priority, it corrupts my display and, if I'm lucky, all I have to do is restart my X server (if I'm not so lucky, I have to do a hard reset). So, I set the priority slider to the halfway point....and It still crashes. All that I can get from backtrace is:
>This backtrace appears to be of no use.
> This is probably because your packages are built in a
> way which prevents creation of proper backtraces, or
> the stack frame was seriously corrupted in the crash.
> Using host libthread_db library
The log file is also of no use:
[app] transcoding started
[app] source: /home/me/file.flac
[app] target: //home/me/file.m4a
[app] decoding /home/me/file.flac to /tmp/transkode_temp.wav
[app] process args: /usr/bin/flac:-d:-o:/tmp/transkode_temp.wav:/home/me/file.flac
[app] decoding process started
Then it crashes. I'm attaching what I got from running gdb. Hope that helps.