Hover Drag and Drop

Help
2010-01-18
2013-02-18
  • After my previous Dragging speed problem (which works much better in the new 2.0.1 version) i have a new dragging question.

I want to drag a object to a location, then wait for the location to change look, then move the mouse some more and then drop.

I tried the following:
    <pre>
    Mouse move location 1
    Mouse press
    Mouse move drop zone 1
    Wait 1s
    Mouse move drop zone 2
    Mouse release
    </pre>
    Some how this isn't working like expected.

I created a click to see if the mouse press/release is working
    <pre>
    Mouse move location 1
    Mouse press
    Mouse move location 1
    Mouse release
    </pre>
    This works, good.

Then i tried to move a bit:
    <pre>
    Mouse move location 1
    Mouse press
    Mouse move location 2
    Mouse move location 1
    Mouse release
    </pre>
    This doesn't work, hmmm…

I tried manually pressing a button, then drag the mouse away and return and release, it works (In Windows XP). Somehow i can't reproduce this same behaviour with the VNC robot software. Any ideas?

• Robert Pes
    Robert Pes
    2010-01-18

As the Mouse command supports the "drag" event natively, this scenario has never been considered and it is not handled in the code correctly. The "press" and "release" events were originally implemented to support combined key and mouse events and they were not designed to handle other intermediate mouse events (such as the "move" ones).

To fix this the Mouse command handler must cache the information about the pressed button and populate it correctly into the mouse move events. I'll put it on the list for v2.0.2. The tracking bug is 2934231.

• Robert Pes
    Robert Pes
    2010-01-20

The fix was released today in T-Plan Robot 2.0.2.