Screenshot Command question

eggplanto
2010-04-06
2013-02-18
  • eggplanto
    eggplanto
    2010-04-06

I just downloaded T-Plan Robot and it looks like a useful automated testing package but I have one question- when I go into the Screeshot Command window, the "Image File Name" area is red and the tooltip says "Unsupported image format 'null' ".  It says this for any image format (jpg, png, etc).   I can type in a file name into this field, but the screenshots aren't saved.   The "Take a Screenshot" option works fine.  Anybody know why the Screenshot Command wouldn't work?  Thanks

• MeisterBlaster
    MeisterBlaster
    2010-04-09

After you enter the image file name(red bar) and press ok what does the script command look like?

It should look like this

Screenshot "scrnshot.bmp"

If your not even getting here and you mean it gives you this error when you try to hit ok here is a template of the screenshot command and you can just fill it out manually.

Screenshot "[filename].[ext]" desc="[description]" attach="[attachment]" area="x:[x-location],y:[y-location],w:[width],h:[height]" passrate="[passrate 1-100]" method="[search | default}" template="[template].[ext]"
    [/code]
    Area is the search area and template is the template you are comparing it to.

• Robert Pes
    Robert Pes
    2010-04-09

The Screenshot Command window allows to design text of the Screenshot command and insert it into the test script. It doesn't take a screen shot immediately. The screen shot is only created and saved when the command in the test script gets executed.

As you have already discovered, the "Take A Screenshot" window creates the image immediately. It is good for manual work but not for automation.

• eggplanto
    eggplanto
    2010-04-19

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not sure what was wrong initially, entering a filename for the image file did not put the screenshot info into the code, but "now it does" :-)    It could have been user error, but now the screenshot function works fine.  Thanks