Installing TPApro 5.00 under Delphi XE2

2012-07-26
2013-01-13
  • Somehow the readme, that was increasingly difficult to follow for installation over the past few delphi versions, is now rendered useless. Or I just got old. How am I going to install TPApro 5.00 under XE2

• kgmccoy
    kgmccoy
    2012-07-26

As with most older component packages that come with source, you need to update any compiler version IFDEFs, tweak the code to make it compatible with your compiler, load up the DPKs in the Project Manager, compile all of them and select "install" on each of the Design Time packages in the IDE project manager.  XE2 won't let you install runtime components, so it is hard to go wrong.

If you are lucky then some kind sole has created a groupproj file that holds all the DPKs and lets you compile them into BPLs in the proper order using Build All.  Load the groupproj into your IDE instead of the individual DPKs if it is available.

IFDEFs are usually set in an INC file somewhere; In APro's case, it is in AWDEFINE.INC.

That's it! :-)

I don't know if the APro version found here has been updated to XE2.  I have successfully installed it in XE2, but I may have tweaked the code to get it to work.

Let me know if you need my source - I could post it on my web site.

Plan B is to check songbeamer's Delphi site.  He has all the major abandon-ware component libraries (18 of them!) and much of it has been updated to XE2.  See http://www.songbeamer.com/delphi/  His code may be more up to date than mine.  It is free to download and no adverts.

I hope this helps you out.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy