Character limit on Blog posting?

Help
sledge4
2010-03-24
2013-03-27
  • sledge4
    sledge4
    2010-03-24

Is there a character limit or type of character that cannot be used that I am not aware of?

I'm just trying to post this…

Title:
    Week #2 begins Thursday!
    Subtitle:
    Upsets Galore in Week 1
    Content:
    Week #2 of the bracket madness begins on Thursday!

With the upsets of Kansas, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and Villanova, it has turned many a bracket upside down.  The good news is that everyone's brackets were affected with the large number of upsets, so it's still anyone's game.

Goodluck and go 'Cuse.

PS - If you'd like to talk a little smack to support your bracket or favorite team, login using your email address on the homepage and then click on one of your brackets and scroll to the bottom where you can make a post in the "Smack Talk" section.

Thoughts?

• Michael Flynn
    Michael Flynn
    2010-03-24

Is that post not showing up at all or is it truncated? Your problem is a little light on details.

That being said I'm going to make a guess that your not using the latest code. Your comment has an apostrophe and most likely causing a SQL error which means not blog entry. The latest code should have the fixes I submitted to make sure that we properly escape input so that this isn't a problem.

• sledge4
    sledge4
    2010-03-25

It's not showing at all.

• John Holder
    John Holder
    2010-03-25

Right.  Like Rob said, "Your comment has an apostrophe and most likely causing a SQL error which means not blog entry."  I'll tell you right now, that that is the problem.   Are you running the latest 1.5.3.4?  I will assume not, since that is the release that fixes the bug you are experiencing.

• John Holder
    John Holder
    2010-03-25

If you don't want to upgrade, wherever you see an apostrophe, like in "everyone's" and "it's" - replace with the an ’ like this: "everyone’s" and "it’s"

• sledge4
    sledge4
    2010-03-25

I did upgrade last night and it fixed the issue.  Thanks guys!!

• John Holder
    John Holder
    2010-03-25

Apologies, Flynn.  You said it, not Rob.