2013-03-11
2013-03-27
  • Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-11

So, here's what I'm planning to do:

1. Add automated scoring using the ESPN link
    2. Fix idevice interface

I'm super busy this week, so this will unfortunately probably be released at the last minute. 1 doesn't need to be out until the tourney starts, so that's a little more time to work with.

I'd expect the solution to 1 involves having a settings file to map your bracket names to the ESPN names. Also, as we have done in the past, we can upload the team names table with ESPN names filled in to this site so anyone can just download that data and not have to worry about entering in names.

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-11

Also regarding 1, I'd setup the site to queue up a score update request that will be executed at a periodic interval whenever someone loads a page. Also, the site will asynchronously queue up requests based on how much time is left in a current game.

I am not now planning to have any sort of cron job run to update the score.

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-11

Also if you are already working on any of these or think you can get them done quicker than I can, go ahead and let us know.

• bigworm
    bigworm
    2013-03-18

How's #2 looking?  I'm about to send out my site to users.  Thanks for all your hard work on this project!

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-18

Ok, I just pulled up #2. I have only used my iphone to enter in winners, not put in a whole bracket, that's why I didn't really notice the inconvenience.

I'm at work, so this will take more investigating tonight, which might be late for many of your users. It looks like the focus java script doesn't work well with mobile safari. Also, the mobile page uses drop downs rather than select boxes.

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-18

Also, it looks like safari doesn't do onchange well - have to replace it with onblur. If you are handy with php, you can try out replacing onchange with oblur if you detect that the browser is mobile.

There should already be code in there change changes whether it is a drop down or select box based on mobile browser.

• Sonny
    Sonny
    2013-03-18

Is there a new file out I still see the one from 2010 ?

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-18

No new release, yet.

• Sonny
    Sonny
    2013-03-18

Ok thanks can you tell me if this looks ok or right I should say http://www.chiznillen.net/mm

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-03-18

Doesn't look like any of your brackets are scored. Guessing you didn't enter in any game results. Might want to test that. Otherwise, looks fine

• Sonny
    Sonny
    2013-03-18

Well I can't enter any games because none where played

• Sonny
    Sonny
    2013-03-18

Sorry did want to ask this where is atte smack talk how do people use that ?

• Sonny
    Sonny
    2013-03-22

any news on the update??