Different scoring

bigworm
2013-02-06
2014-03-21
  • Rob J
    Rob J
    2013-02-10

This should already be in the setup screen. For each seed and each round, you set what a win by that seed is worth. That's one of the main features I added.

• bigworm
    bigworm
    2013-02-12

duh…thanks.  I realized I could set any type of scoring after I was thinking about the setup process.

Hopefully this method will provide some interest to others.

• Jeanna
    Jeanna
    2014-03-11

I have a question about scoring...

We give bonus points (UDog) in the first two rounds for picking an underdog to win (assuming they actually win, of course:)...So, if you pick the #15 seed to beat #2 in the first round, you get the round points (5) + the difference in seeds (13) = 18 points total. Same goes for the second round...you pick a 9-seed to beat the 1-seed in the second round, you get the round points (7) + the diff in seeds (8) for a total of 15. No more UDogs after the first weekend, so just need to figure for the first two (real) rounds.

Issue is that there's only one scoring option on the site...to score all games equally, according to their seeds (no option to score each seed by region). I could even alter the scoring table after the fact, but unless all seeds play the same seed in Round II, it won't score properly....

Is there a way other than manually updating everyone's score to accommodate this?

• bigworm
    bigworm
    2014-03-12

I believe the only way to do this would be manually, as you figured even altering the scoring table wouldn't work properly.

• Rob J
    Rob J
    2014-03-12

Yeah, it doesn't do this. We'd have to do seed-by-seed scoring per round or add in a separate type of scoring.

Yahoo supports the underdog scoring you are talking about.

• handily1
      handily1
      2014-03-21

Rob, Can you seed by using all ZEROS on the grid? If so, what does that do?