After i enabled Telemetry in TORCS 1.3.0,
by removing the comments in question in rttelem.cpp and,
for testing purposes, in human.cpp [ also reduced the
channels because some of object access used there
seemed somewhat out of date ] i had to experience
TORCS repeatedly crashing :[
I also did enable debug-output, but when crashing on
Telemetry, it won't give me any message ...
[ Just standard output, no related err msg ]
What to do ?
well for me telemetry died.
all i needed was to capture certain data, which is now done
by an altered version of human.cpp ...
/usr/local/bin/torcs: line 52: 18132 Segmentation fault
I am using TORCS for a research project and I successfully enabled telemetry in v1.3.0 just before Christmas, 2006. From memory, I thinnk I had a similar problem to yours and I found a solution somewhere online [offered by Bernie W., of course! Thanks Bernie.] There seemed to be a simple mistake in the original rttelem.cpp file. Two arguments were erroneously interchanged. I don't have the TORCS installation in front of me right now (waiting for a new HDD), but from memory and from my notes:
Edit the file:
After enabling telemetry, edit the sprintf() line (approx line 62)
OLD: sprintf(buf, "%smodules/telemetry/%s.%s", "telemetry", GetLibDir (), DLLEXT);
NEW: sprintf(buf, "%smodules/telemetry/%s.%s", GetLibDir (), "telemetry", DLLEXT);
I hope this helps,
(now to figure out how to run TORCS with telemetry under WinXP
... and with three monitors under Linux and WinXP...)