Update of /cvsroot/tora/tora
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv2355
remove missive about autoconf. it's annoying sometimes, but supporting
three build styles on all platforms is never really straight-forward.
anyway, at one point it was true that the simple Makefiles were
easier, but there are too many of them now...
RCS file: /cvsroot/tora/tora/INSTALL,v
retrieving revision 1.29
retrieving revision 1.30
diff -C2 -d -r1.29 -r1.30
*** INSTALL 24 Feb 2005 15:01:22 -0000 1.29
--- INSTALL 21 Mar 2005 00:03:43 -0000 1.30
*** 126,147 ****
- Why I'm not using autoconf
- Whenever I start out using autoconf in any of my projects I end up spending
- more time trying to get autoconf to work instead of time spent coding.
- People tend to think that autoconf is just a strapon fix all problems
- solution to configuring, but this is not the case. Especially if you
- need to find Qt (Which I could have just copied), but finding Oracle is
- a test I would have had to do myself and I can pretty much garantee it
- would have worked worse than this solution does based on my earlier
- experiences with autoconf (I'm sure it's ok if you know how to use it,
- but I know perl and that works too).
- Also I want a few other stuff done when you configure the metacompiling
- and dependency generating etc which sets up the makefiles to need as
- little work as possible to add new tools or sourcefiles to the project.
/Henrik "Mauritz" Johnson
Quest Software, Inc
--- 126,129 ----