Help
datico
2011-01-26
2012-12-13
  • datico
    datico
    2011-01-26

Hi,
    I have TOra up and running against 10g, but can't seem to figure out the Oracle Manuals integration.

I have downloaded and extracted the Documentation Library for Oracle Databases from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database10g/documentation/database10gr2-087366.html

In TOra I have gone to Preferences > Additional Help, clicked the Oracle Manuals button and chosen the index.htm file ( /Users//Documents/Reference/Oracle10gR2/B19306_01/index.htm where  is my actual OSX account)

When I do this, nothing happens. It doesn't add a listing for the Oracle manuals to the pref screen. If I click the Help button, it shows me the documentation but only mentions the Oracle 8 and 9i doc libraries.

I also tried the Add Manual button and pasted in the same path to index.htm (and labeled it OracleDB as it appears in the Help screenshot), and though it added it to the pref screen, when I click ok and go to the TOra Help browser it gives me a warning "Couldn't open file /Users//Documents/Reference/B19306_01/index.htm."

Any suggestions how to integrate the Oracle 10g docs into TOra?

Thanks,

• Tomas Straupis
    Tomas Straupis
    2011-01-30

Oracle documentation syntax has changed since version 10.

Updates regarding this (both to code and documentation) went into TOra trunk only last week therefore you either have to wait for 2.1.4 either build TOra yourself.

• datico
    datico
    2011-02-11

Awesome, thanks Tom.