Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Tora crashes at startup

Help
meg
2009-08-20
2012-12-13
  • meg
    meg
    2009-08-20

We successfully installed Tora 2.0.0 on a number of PCs and have not had any major problems.  However, on two other PCs, Tora stopped working after a short period of successful operation. When Tora is started, either via the icon, or via the start menu, it immediately generates a microsoft error message "Program is not responding", and exits. (It does not reach the login screen).  We declined the offer to send report to Microsoft. This error happens every time an attempt is made to start Tora. We tried re-installing Tora and rebooting, with no success. 
    Operating system is Windows XP Professional SP2.
    We are using Oracle Client 10.2 to access an Oracle database, version 10.2 Enterprise Edition.

• I had the same problem until I found that in the properties of the menu item, the "start in directory" was not the same as where tora was actually installed.

• There is a bug in older versions of Tora where if you delete a recently used file Tora will no longer start up. I am uncertain where the file list if kept exactly but it is in the registry.

The newest windows version of TOra (2.1.0) has corrected this.