Help
2009-05-01
2012-12-13
  • didier asnar
    didier asnar
    2009-05-01

hi,
    Message for developpers ?

i use a very old version of tora on a vm ....

i see a problem for this (wonderful) project .. i don't see a lot of help for installation or bug ...

i'am not a developper and to get a running version with oracle connected is not easy ..may be exectp for developpers, who are 15 ?

there is no detailed tutorial to do that (or i don't see it)

2 or 3 years ago i needed to connect tora to mysql ... no help found, i use a another ...

wihout help a project is use just by a somes users, if you want that ok cool ....

by

• Mike Johnson
      Mike Johnson
      2009-05-01

Oracle is proprietary software. *shrugs* We can't really do anything about the installation for that. Perhaps if Oracle open sourced the client library we could freely distribute tools built for their products but I'm not holding my breath.

Does this help? You didn't mention what OS you're using except that it's old. You may have to compile in that case (it's not that difficult).

http://www.publicstatic.net/serendipity/archives/4-Installing-TOra-on-Ubuntu.html

• didier asnar
      didier asnar
      2009-05-06

hi

ok thanks for your help ... Your html link help, but i install under 9.04 ...

i think my install is good but i don't able to connect to database with instant client ...
      i don't know exactly how to fill all the fields in connect screen of tora ...

Thanks

• didier asnar
      didier asnar
      2009-05-15

hi

ok i compile src with instant client and it work (just a little bug with connection screen).

for my old post i think this project is a wonderfull application, but it miss some documentation (install for example) and also help for the people, just see the big number of post without response in help forum ...

thanks

• Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2009-05-15

- You're free to contribute documentation. We would all love that.

- We have day jobs, we can't always be helping people out. Most of the time people post with no details and it turns out they should probably be asking their DBA, not us.

- I'm probably not the only one who hates SF's forums. Things get lost. Try the mailing lists, they're much easier to reply to.