"The application failed to initialize propely

Help
2008-01-17
2012-12-13
  • Soichi Hayashi
    Soichi Hayashi
    2008-01-17

    This tools looks very promissing, but when I tried the latest windows build, I got an error message immediately after I executed Tora.exe.

    The error message says,

    "The application failed to initialize propely (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

    Is there anyone having similar problems?

     
    • CKS
      CKS
      2008-01-22

      A colleague of mine has the same problem on his notebook. On his desktop and all PCs I tried it worked without error (at least this one). According to some messages I fond in MSDN forum I suppose this error is related to a missing DLL.

      Did you check your event log for messages?

       
      • Soichi Hayashi
        Soichi Hayashi
        2008-01-28

        Yes, I am seeing following error in the event log

        Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

        Generate Activation Context failed for C:\app\tora\Qt3Support4.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

         
        • Soichi Hayashi
          Soichi Hayashi
          2008-01-28

          I just had to install the QT libraries that is provided by another download from this project, and add PATH to the lib directory once I unzipped the archive.

           
    • randolf_geist
      randolf_geist
      2008-03-25

      If you encounter this issue: It is caused by the fact that the provided QT*.DLLs refer to the MSVC*80*.DLL redistributables but these have not been "installed" properly on your system. Although they reside in the same directory (the TORA installation directory), the QT*.DLLs have been built to use them as so called "Side-by-Side Assembly" and therefore you need a manifest describing those DLLs (a so called "private assembly").

      All you need to do is to create a UTF-8 text file called "Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest" in your TORA installation directory with the following content (see below). Make sure that it is encoded in UTF-8, it seems to be important. I used the free-text editor "PSPad" which supports UTF-8 encoding.

      Once this file exists you should be able to run TORA successfully. I encountered these issues when trying the "1.4 development" Windows binary builds.

      File content:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
      <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
      <noInheritable></noInheritable>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT" version="8.0.50727.762" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
      <file name="msvcr80.dll" hash="10f4cb2831f1e9288a73387a8734a8b604e5beaa" hashalg="SHA1"><asmv2:hash xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"><dsig:Transforms><dsig:Transform Algorithm="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:HashTransforms.Identity"></dsig:Transform></dsig:Transforms><dsig:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"></dsig:DigestMethod><dsig:DigestValue>n9On8FItNsK/DmT8UQxu6jYDtWQ=</dsig:DigestValue></asmv2:hash></file>
      <file name="msvcp80.dll" hash="b2082dfd3009365c5b287448dcb3b4e2158a6d26" hashalg="SHA1"><asmv2:hash xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"><dsig:Transforms><dsig:Transform Algorithm="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:HashTransforms.Identity"></dsig:Transform></dsig:Transforms><dsig:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"></dsig:DigestMethod><dsig:DigestValue>0KJ/VTwP4OUHx98HlIW2AdW1kuY=</dsig:DigestValue></asmv2:hash></file>
      <file name="msvcm80.dll" hash="542490d0fcf8615c46d0ca487033ccaeb3941f0b" hashalg="SHA1"><asmv2:hash xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"><dsig:Transforms><dsig:Transform Algorithm="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:HashTransforms.Identity"></dsig:Transform></dsig:Transforms><dsig:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"></dsig:DigestMethod><dsig:DigestValue>YJuB+9Os2oxW4mY+2oC/r8lICZE=</dsig:DigestValue></asmv2:hash></file>
      </assembly>

       
      • Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2008-04-12

        Thanks for the help! Our windows builds actually work now. :-)

         
  • grahame dawes
    grahame dawes
    2009-11-02

    I get the same on multiple servers.

    Is it a bug.
    No windows updates for ages.