Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

TOra 2.0.0-1 won't start

2008-11-17
2012-12-13
  • Mick Sulley
    Mick Sulley
    2008-11-17

I have just installed TOra 2.0.0-1 on Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit.  If I try to start it from the menu option nothing happens.  If I try from a terminal window I get -

tora: error while loading shared libraries: libqscintilla2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea what I can do to get it to work?

Thanks

Mick

• Mick Sulley
      Mick Sulley
      2008-11-17

I have just installed libqscintilla2-3 from Synaptic and now I get a bit further, but now I hit

tora: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't find anything on synaptic that looks anything like that one

Any ideas???

• Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2008-11-17

You need the oracle instant client 11 installed for that version. Do you need a nooracle build?

I'd be happy to do it but I just spilt a whole glass of water on my computer. :-)

When it dries I may be able to build a new deb for you. Or, just grab the source and compile without oracle. It's pretty easy...

• Mick Sulley
      Mick Sulley
      2008-11-17

Sorry to hear about you computer, I'm sure there must be a market for waterproof laptops!

I have installed Oracle-xe so the goal is to get TOra talking to that.  I am on Ubuntu Intrepid 64 bit.

Thanks for your help

Mick

• Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2008-11-17

Thanks, it seems to be working. I guess I was fast enough powering it off. :-)

If you want to use tora against a full oracle install, really the best way is to compile yourself. We simply can't build enough binaries for every combination. Proprietary software sucks. *shrugs*

What I'd recommend is grabbing the instant client (make sure it's version 11) and setting that up. It's only a few megs of hd space. Unzip the basic-client (or basic-client-lite if you don't need internationalization) and add the folder to /etc/ld.so.conf.

That should do it...

• Mick Sulley
      Mick Sulley
      2008-11-18

I downloaded basiclite-11.1.0.6.0-linux-x86_64.zip from the Oracle site,
      unzipped and that gave me a folder called instantclient_11_1 which I put into etc/ld.so.conf.d
      when I ran tora from a terminal it gave me an error
      tora: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but I could see libclntsh.so.11.1 in the new folder, so I moved the contents out of the folder and into etc/ld.so.conf.d directly, still got the same error.

I have a feeling that I may have missed something obvious here.  From you previous comments do I need to recompile something, if so could you tell me what and how do I do it?

Thanks for your help
      Mick

• Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2008-11-18

Sorry, run `sudo ldconfig`

• Mick Sulley
      Mick Sulley
      2008-11-19

Tried that and I still get the same error.  Any ideas?

• Mike Johnson
        Mike Johnson
        2008-11-20

Run this command, you should see something like the output below:

$ ldconfig -p | grep clntsh
            libclntsh.so.11.1 (libc6,x86-64) => /home/mrjohnson/projects/instantclient/libclntsh.so.11.1

Can you post the contents of /etc/ld.so.conf if that doesn't print anything?

• Mick Sulley
      Mick Sulley
      2008-11-20

It does not return anything.

Contents of /etc/ld.so.conf are -

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf