Tora 2.1.3 and instantclient 11.2.0.2.0

maks123
2010-10-21
2013-02-03
  • maks123
    maks123
    2010-10-21

Hi.
    I'm having an error in the function ~toAWT when compiling the latest release.

tora-toawr.o: In function `~toAWR':
    /tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    /tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o:/tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: more undefined references to `vtable for toAWR' follow
    tora-toawr.o: In function `toAWR::tr(char const*, char const*)':
    /tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.h:57: undefined reference to `toAWR::staticMetaObject'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [tora] Ошибка 1
    make[3]: Выход из каталога `/tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make[2]: *** [all] Ошибка 2
    make[2]: Выход из каталога `/tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Ошибка 1
    make[1]: Выход из каталога `/tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3'
    make: *** [all] Ошибка 2
    maks@maks-nb:/tmp/tora/tora-2.1.3$ ^C

AWR - it's Automatic Workload Repository?

is there a way to fix this error?

./configure -with-oracle=$ORACLE_HOME -with-oracle-includes=$ORACLE_HOME/include -with-oci-version=11G

• Same here too.
    OS - Ubuntu 10.10
    DB - 10gR2

_tora.o  -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtSql -lQtNetwork -lQtXml -L/usr/lib -lstdc++ -L/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib -L/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib32 -lqscintilla2 -lclntsh
    /opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    /opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o:/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: more undefined references to `vtable for toAWR' follow
    /opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.h:57: undefined reference to `toAWR::staticMetaObject'
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: ***  Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/opt/oracle/oracle10gse/product/10.2.0/db_1/tora-2.1.3'

Any leads?

TIA!

• Anonymous
    2010-11-05

+1 on Ubuntu 10.10 with 2.1.3

• Hi. You can check the file …/tora-2.1.3/src/Makefile.am is registered "moc_toawr.cpp" in BUILT_SOURCES or not

• maks123
    maks123
    2010-11-14

Thanks. work.

• Jerome
    Jerome
    2010-11-19

Yeah!!! It works!

• Hi,
    I've downloaded the latest release (tora-2.1.3.tar.gz) but there isn't the "moc_toawr.cpp" file, so I have the compilation problem yet.

Please help me.

Michele

• fbonsignori
    fbonsignori
    2011-01-26

@micder: the hint provided by ducthuan say you to add a line to the file Makefile.am … the file moc_toawr.cpp will be built!

• Ok,
    thanks a lot.

Michele

• Marek Kliś
    Marek Kliś
    2011-03-05

Hi!
    I have the same problem to make tora 2.1.3 and oracle XE. I add a line to src/Makefile.am with moc_toawr.cpp but I stiil can't make tora. What am I doing wrong?

Ubuntu 10.10
    Oracle XE client 10.2.0.1

Regards
    Marek

• fbonsignori
    fbonsignori
    2011-03-05

Is moc_toawr.cpp built after the change to src/Makefile.am?

• Marek Kliś
    Marek Kliś
    2011-03-05

Unfortunately.
    tora.1.3$ ls src/moc_toa*
    src/moc_toabout.cpp  src/moc_toalert.cpp  src/moc_toanalyze.cpp

src/Makefile.am
    BUILT_SOURCES = \
    moc_toabout.cpp \
    moc_toalert.cpp \
    moc_toanalyze.cpp \
    moc_toawr.cpp \
    moc_tobackup.cpp \

Regards
    Marek

• fbonsignori
    fbonsignori
    2011-03-06

Could you report the complete log output?

• fbonsignori
    fbonsignori
    2011-03-06

I'm sorry … I mean complete related to your problem :-)

• Marek Kliś
    Marek Kliś
    2011-03-06

I try make tora 2.1.3 from source with oracle. I added to src/Makefile.am line with moc_toawr.cpp.

# ./configure -prefix=/usr/local/tora -with-oracle=$ORACLE_HOME -with-oracle-includes=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/include/

# make

/home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    /home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o:/home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: more undefined references to `vtable for toAWR' follow
    /home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.h:57: undefined reference to `toAWR::staticMetaObject'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/marek/develop/tora-2.1.3'

Ubuntu 10.10
    Oracle XE 10.2.0.1

Regards
    Marek

• Vladimir
    Vladimir
    2011-03-16

I have the same problem

Kubuntu 10.10
    Oracle client 10.2.0.1

/opt/oracle/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    /opt/oracle/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o:/opt/oracle/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: more undefined references to `vtable for toAWR' follow
    /opt/oracle/tora/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.h:57: undefined reference to `toAWR::staticMetaObject'
    make: Leaving directory `/opt/oracle/tora/tora-2.1.3/src'

# files listed in BUILT_SOURCES are built before anything else.
    BUILT_SOURCES = \
            moc_toawr.cpp \

• fbonsignori
    fbonsignori
    2011-03-18

The question is still the same: is the file moc_toawr.cpp present? If not you have to report the portion of log related to the missed built not the part related to the compilation error.

• Vladimir
    Vladimir
    2011-03-18

Ok, this file really was not present, but after some my manipulations with `configure` and `make clean` it was created at last and compilation was successful. But when I run program from command line I get  the error

[oracle@quentin-work:~/tora/tora-2.1.3$ /usr/local/tora/bin/tora
    No protocol specified
    tora: cannot connect to X server :0
    Segmentation fault

• Vladimir
    Vladimir
    2011-03-18

I am sorry, everything is ok, I just needed to configure my own user and relogin.

• alpusm
    alpusm
    2012-01-05

@vnshestakov may I ask what are your manipulations on "configure" ? And how exactly did you manage to make it compile successfully? Have you modified anything else?

I'm at the point that I still get compile errors ang cannot move any further.

BTW I'm trying to compile under Fedora 16

Thanks.

• struppimoppi
    struppimoppi
    2012-03-28

@marekklis and all the others having problems to compile even with adding the line with moc_toawr.cpp to src/Makefile.am. The key is that the Makefile is still the old one, without the moc_toawr-Targets. And even doing configure again wont bring any change, because the Makefile is generated from Makefile.in, which also does not know moc_toawr-stuff. After changing Makefile.am one should run automake in the toplevel dir. This updates Makefile.in, so configure will pick up the changes from it and create the Makefile you need. HTH…

• massimiliano
    massimiliano
    2012-11-12

I have Fedora 17 (KDE). I have installed oracle instant client and qscintilla , qscintilla-devel. When I execute ./configure from base dir of Tora-2.1.3 I have the same error :gethostname not declared in this scope - aabd I fix it by: unistd.h needs to be included in the header for toextract.h for it to compile. So the ./configure works. But then when execute make I have the error:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
    tora-toawr.o: In function `toAWR::~toAWR()':
    /home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    /home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:381: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o: In function `toAWR::toAWR(QWidget*, toConnection&)':
    /home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:265: undefined reference to `vtable for toAWR'
    tora-toawr.o:/home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.cpp:265: more undefined references to `vtable for toAWR' follow
    /home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src/toawr.h:57: undefined reference to `toAWR::staticMetaObject'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: Leaving directory `/home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/massimiliano/Downloads/tora-2.1.3'

Can sombody help me? I need to use Tora on my Fedora OS.

• matthew lange
    matthew lange
    2013-02-03

yeah, these steps are incomplete, after the Makefile.am modification, try this:
    make clean
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install