An unexpected error when creating a new clinical or personal account.

Matt
2014-06-28
2014-08-13
  • Matt
    Matt
    2014-06-28

I just installed Tolven successfully following the guide http://wiki.tolven.org/index.php/Tolven_V2.1_Windows_Quick_Start_Install .

However when I tried to create a new clinical or personal account in the following page (https://dev.able.com:8443/Tolven/vestibule/createAccount.jsf) there are some problems occurred.

1. the drop down manu "Account Type" cannot be selected.
    2. when I click "Create Account" button an unexpected error has occurred.

"An unexpected error has occurred

Exception caught in Transaction: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create account for user admin in realm: tolven at org.tolven.shiro.filter.TransactionFilter (line 164)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create account for user admin in realm: tolven at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet (line 321)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create account for user admin in realm: tolven at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter (line 98)
    Caused by: Failed to create account for user admin in realm: tolven at org.tolven.web.RegisterAction (line 169)
    Caused by: For input string: "" at java.lang.NumberFormatException (line 65)
    "

For this error, does anybody can give me some solution?

Another question is: How to install and use Tolven ePHR application? I can only visit the logon page of Tolven. Thank you very much.

Xu

• D.J. Jacob
    D.J. Jacob
    2014-08-13

The fact that your "Account Type" menu is empty suggests to me that something went wrong while loading the application metadata files. This is one of the last steps that is done during the config-tolven ant script. You can look for errors in the server.log, located at C:\tolven\tolven-jboss6\server\tolven\log\server.log. Note that the error you described here after you click the "Create Account" button will also show up in the server.log. This error was caused because there was no account type selected (since there were no account types to select), so I think we can ignore it for now.

If you want to try reloading the application metadata, open a command prompt and navigate to C:\tolven\tolven-V2.1.x\bin. Execute the following commands:

tpfenv
    configPhase3

This should either successfully load the application metadata, or recreate the error and make it easier to find.

As for installing the Tolven ePHR application, ePHR is one of the account types that you can select when creating a new account. Once we resolve the previous issue, you should be able to create an ePHR account.

I hope this helps! If you encounter further problems, please include any errors from the server.log. Thanks!

D.J.