Help
FxIII
2010-04-09
2013-04-15
  • FxIII
    FxIII
    2010-04-09

Hi all,
    I belive that there is the need to make some tutorial to let everyone possesing a toradex board to run a linux system on it.
    It will be nice if we join our effort to make a way to do it starting from a e-boot toradex + a ubuntu distro.
    May be we have to setup a tftp / nfs system for remote boot up (I may help for this) but a hint to how to compile bootloader and kernel and rootfs and toolchain and …. is needed!
    Please let post here a working solution (from getting/compiling the toolchain on), then we can open a new thread putting everything on!
    Bye

• MinimumLaw
    MinimumLaw
    2010-04-10

Hi!

Unfortunely I don't know how to build or install ARM toolchinain on Ubuntu Linux. Also i don't know how to run Ubuntu distro on Toradex platform. My project primary focused on embedded system developers.
    If you want porting Ubunto to Toradex platform… Yes! Primary you'll need DHCP/TFTP/NFS Host System with ARM crosscompile toolchain. After this step - you need compile Toradex Colibri PXA27x kernel. At this step I can help you. But other steps (botting kernel, build base system, etc ) - unfortunely, no.
    Also I can help you to build E-Boot open source alternative - U-Boot, Build them, flash them fo module with Toradex or open source tools, like OpenOCD. But this only.