From: Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge@ne...> - 2005-03-11 01:45:35
Now that we're into the production quality releases, the first of the
TnFOX snapshots of the current SVN tree has been made - these shall
continue as and when the source tree is known to be compiling and
working reasonably well on all platforms. As nedprod.com is still
down, you can go straight to the sourceforge page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tnfox/. Changes include:
* Bug fixes, including the embarrassing breakage of shared memory
functionality on Linux in v0.85.
* More optimisations such as sparing use of force inlining, in fact
as many as v0.86 is going to get for the foreseeable future. Tn is
now running very, very fast on TnFOX indeed and scaling itself across
multiple processors very nicely indeed.
* FXAtomicInt and FXMutex can now be inlined into all FXThread.h
including files. This can both help and hinder.
* Added FXProcess::getNsCount() which provides a portable nanosecond
accurate counter for high resolution timing.
* Improved performance on FreeBSD substantially, including replacing
its default memory allocator with TnFOX's.
* FXFont now always requests font smoothed and cleartyped fonts on
* FXFSMonitor now can disable itself if it detects a broken FAM
implementation such as like that on Fedora Core 3.